Puffiness or swelling on one side post op while other being perfect? (photos)

Hello sir, IS THIS JUST SWELLING OR PROPER LYPO WAS NOT DONE ? Its 13 days post op photographs I know its too early but i an still not able to wear a tshirt.ULTRASONIC LIPOSUCTION WAS PERFORMED and the glands excreted from left side were more than the right and now right side is puffy when i asked my doctor he side more lypo was done this side so it might be just swelling so plz advice the in your perception will it get better or not as left side is so perfect while right one still puffed

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Swelling after gynecomastia surgery.

Thank you for your question and pictures regarding gynecomastia. Since you are only thirteen days after gynecomastia surgery, it is way too early to tell anything. Almost all surgeries have some element of swelling. Swelling is how the body heals from surgery. Gynecomastia surgery is no exception. In general, it takes 6 to 8 weeks for gynecomastia surgery swelling to significantly decrease or stabilize.

If you are concerned, I would suggest you to follow up with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns. I would continue to wear your compression garment surgery for six weeks after your gynecomastia surgery.

Good luck. If you have any other questions regarding gynecomastia, please contact my office.

Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

Gynecmastia Surgery Healing

Hi gynojan,
Thanks for the post and the photos. At 2 weeks you are very early in the healing process and it is too soon to determine final results. These can take up to 6 months. Be patient for now.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Gynecomastia

It is too early to tell. Swelling can persist for several months. You have to wait and see. Sometimes tissue is not amenable to lipo alone and might need direct excsion