Do I need PRP or hair transplant? (Photo)

I had hairfall issues since 2008/09 I guess and slowly and steadily the density of my hair has gone real down. I had a medium broad forehead with good hair line on the sides but over the my forehead has become more broad and the side hairline has gone a bit deep inside. However I am not worried about the sides its the hair between my head a complete strip from my forehead right till the crown is falling like crazy so much that the comb hurts cause there are only few hair left. PRP or Transplant?

Do both hair transplant and PRP

Because you lack hair follicles where you are receding, you need to do transplant. But tranplanting by itself, without using fertilizer like PRP will also eventually fall out.  The soil, or in this case, your scalp needs PRP which has growth factors which will attract stem cells and increase vascular supply and increase nutrition to the scalp area which will make the transplanted hair more likely to take and grow, vs falling out.

Bellevue Family Physician

Restoring Moderate Hair loss

Thanks for posting your question and the photos. You have fronto-temporal recession with a retention of your frontal core (in plain english --> the sides on the top of your head have receded, and the central part is thinning though remains). For patients in this scenario, I would perform a hair transplant. I would try to restore and reinforce your hairline. I would feather the transplant into your existing hair so that as time passes, you remain natural appearing without a gap between the transplant and your receding hairline. Rogaine and propecia may help prevent further loss. I am not sure PRP will do much for your type of loss. This would better determined during an examination of your hair and scalp. You should see a hair restoration surgeon to help guide you.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD