Want to close the gap between my upper front teeth. Is bonding the right solution? (photo)

Is my teeth too large for bonding?Will the results be satisfactory?

Is Bonding the Right Solution?

I feel that bonding could definitely work for you.  The space is not too large at all.  Another more costly alternative would be porcelain veneers on your front teeth to give them better proportioning across the front. But as I said that would cost quite a bit more.  If you are just looking to close the space, I think bonding would be great.

Bonding for front tooth gap

Yes, the results with bonding will be quite satisfactory.  The biggest downside to bonding is long term discoloration and strength.  Porcelain veneers are better in both these parameters, but they have the disadvantage of being significantly more expensive and requiring more preparation of your own natural teeth.

Steven M. Goldy, DDS

Steven Goldy, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Gapped teeth

Hi:

Definitely you are a canidate for both bonding and porcelain veneers.  With bonding the main disadvantage is chipping and discoloration over time.  The main disadvantage with porcelain veneer is that part of your enamel is shaved off, however it is the most long term solution and most natural looking option.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

You should consider a limited ortho tx.

Bonding can always be done,  but your teeth will look wider and you might not like the aesthetics.  If you like how your teeth look now but do not like the gap, I would recommend that you look at orthodontic treatment (braces or invisalign) intead.  It will take more time and will cost you more.

Jean-Paul Banh, DDS
Federal Way Dentist

Is bonding the right solution to close gap between front teeth?

The best way to help you decide if you will like the result is for your dentist to create a Smile Preview Veneer or mockup on your two front teeth with resin that would be used for final bonding.   If you like it, then you can immediately have the permanent bonding placed knowing that you will be pleased with the results.  If your front teeth look too large in the Smile Preview, then I would recommend some teeth repositioning with Invisalign, possibly followed by some bonding to give you the ideal teeth proportions and a great looking smile.  

Space closing

yes, u have about 1mm spacing. it is possible to close spacing by filling. but in yr kind of cases it is observed, people complaint large looking front teeth after filling. so its my advice to go for aligner treatment followed by frenectomy to prevent reopening of space.

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist

Bonding, Invisalign

Dear newdoc:

You look like a natural case for Invisalign orthodontics.  Because of the angle of your teeth, any bonding, without modification of tooth structure might look unnatural.

Speak to your dentist out an orthodontist about it.

Diastema Closure

Bonding may not be the best solution in your case as it will make the front 2 teeth look unnaturally wide. You may want to consider Invisalign (invisible aligners) or Veneers to close the gap.