Mole removal. Will there be any scar? What is the best procedure? (photos)

I have a mole (blue navei) above my lips and below my nose right in the middle, at the depression. It is raised but not that raised. I wanted to know what is the best procedure for its removal and if any of the removal procedures leave any scar? If the do then how deep or what kind of scar would it be?

Mole removal

Hello and thank you for your question. Mole removal on the face tends to be tricky but the best way to ensure you have as minimal scarring as possible is good care to the scar after surgery. A shave is typically the easiest for a raised mole. It will leave a small pink area the size of the mole and will fade overtime. 

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Mole Removal with lasers, radiowave, shave: Mole Removal Aftercare with silicone scar gel

It is tough to predict scarring after mole removal. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be improved or removed with lasers, radiowave or shave. See an expert to minimize scarring. I recommend silicone gel with growth factors as part of after care. Best, Dr. Emer