Lumps and soft spots in chest 4 months after gynecomastia surgery.

I had lipo+incision in oct.I started to notice something in my right chest, i thought it was due to i had joined gym,like small hard lumps of meat+ some soft filled like liquid.Could it be seroma?like, could it come after 4 months of surgery?I remember my cousin had hit me in my chest casually,she had done it 3 months after surgery,but it wasn't that hard blow.Sometimes,it looks small,sometimes,it looks swollen. And,IT HURTS WHEN I STRETCH MY ARMS. It hurts when i press it.Please help,i'm scared

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your issues. I would reach out to your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  An examination would best determine the cause of your lumps and soft spots - retained glandular tissue, seromas, hematomas, contour irregularity - which will then determine the best treatment option.  Best wishes.

Lumps 4 Months Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Chest issue

I think that it is probably best for you to be seen by your surgeon to be properly evaluated for your complaints. Best of luck.

It could be a liquefied haematoma or a seroma based on your description. Please make an appointment with your surgeon who can evaluate you and help you with your problem. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon