Can lumps after liposuction be removed surgically?

I have undergone liposuction and glandular tissue removal from my chest , one and a half year ago. I have got this lumps beside the nipples.can this lumps be taken out by surgical procedure and i am thinking to undergo this same procedure because the first time it wasnt succesful. So is it a good idea to remove the lumps surgically with the gynecomastia procedure?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Liposuction and removing lumps

Thank you for your question.  Without a photo I can't say.  In general lumpiness under the nipples is glandular tissue that needs to be removed.  I would suggest having an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to have an exam and to get all of your questions answered.  This way you will also be able to see what your options are as far as treatment.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Gynecomastia lumpiness

So gynecomastia comes in two forms.  One type is primarily fat and can be removed nicely with liposuction.  the other type consists of actual breast glands that are firm and don't break up and get sucked out like fat.  If you have a combination, the fat can be sucked away and leave lumps.
The other possibility is that all the fat wasn't removed and small areas of fat are left - which can also be lumpy.  If the firm areas are beneath the nipple though, the former is the likely answer.  This breast tissue needs to be directly excised to be removed.  I would return to your plastic surgeon and discuss the areas you are unhappy with. Good Luck!

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - how to remove lumps

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am so sorry but without a photo one really can't advise you - and it may need an examination.
  • In general lumpiness under the nipples are chest liposuction is glandular tissue that needs to be removed.
  • I suggest you see your plastic  surgeon and talk over the cause the treatment.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lumps after surgery

If you have lumps in your chest, then direct excision may be necessary. You need to be evaluated in person. Good luck.