Lump after stitch. Is it normal or should i go back?

I had gynecomastia surgery 2 years before, but still there is a big lump over where they stitched it back. It feels hard when i touch it. The doctors said all scars and signs of a surgery will be gone within months after surgery.

Lumps Following Gynecomastia Surgery

As you heal from #Gynecomastia Surgery, areas may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Scar issue

Thank you for your question. You might have a little hypertophic scarring or keloid. I recommend that you see a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss treatment options to flatten/lighten your scar or discuss a revision.

All the best

It is difficult to say what the lump is without seeing any pictures. It could be a hypertrophic scar if it is limited to the skin. It could also be scarring inside or residual tissue. You should have your surgeon examine you and help you with this problem. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon