Itchy scalp. Can I gently use my hand to stop the itch?

HI, I am a few days short of one month post op. I think I have dry scalp. My scalp feels itchy couple of times a day. I know we are not allowed to scratch the scalp but instead I just gently rub my hand back and forth on the scalp whenever it itches. I know I'm in the shedding stage but whenever I check my hand after rubbing it back and forth i usually find a couple of small hair. Now using hairoil. Is this normal? can I gently rub my hand where it itches? Have I done something seriously wrong?

Can I itch the transplanted area?

after a month the follicles have settled in and you can return to your normal routine. If the scalp itches you can itch without harming the grafts. 

Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

It's been a month. If you have an itch, you can use your hands. If you are concerned you can contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itchy scalp after hair transplant

The medications HPR + HydroGel work well for itching and you can get the reference from your doctor or call 1-844-genRx2u to get the medications.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching after a hair surgery

This case  is normal, as you have healing going on.
You may use Antihistamine  tablets.  Additionally, medicated shampoo may help to remove scabs and control itching. This prickly feeling can occur for up to three months following your hair transplant surgery. During the first month, you should avoid scratching your head and irritating the healing tissues. However, after that initial period gentle massages may help the itching and stimulate healing. If the itching is not controlled, it is always a good idea to consult with your surgeon for a recheck

All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon