I am 21 years old, male. I have been suffering from severe hair loss for the last 16 months. What do I have to do? (Photo)

My hair line is receding day to day.i have full dandruff on skin of my hair.i used jel 3 years ago.my father has bald hair.30 hairs lost each day.

Severe hair loss what are the treatment options

you need to first see a hair loss specialist to find the cause for your hair loss and get advise for the best treatment options that fit your need. 

Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

from your story sounds like you are having genetic hair loss. you should have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, and discuss all of the available options to you. The hair gel has nothing to do with your hair loss or dandruff that you are experiencing. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Hair loss

Best approach would be first to resolve any abnormal condition with your scalp.  So treat the dandruff and make sure the scalp is healthy.

Then you can begin using preventative therapy such as minoxidil or PRP to minimize and stablize your loss and see where you are.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

21 with hair loss

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Getting to the root cause of hair loss and hair loss treatment with prp and progesterone

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer