I had a rhinoplasty. I have not undergone full nose surgery, it was an osteotomy to narrow my nasal bone

Today is 39 days post op and my nose is exact what it looks like pre op . After the cast removal my nasal bone looked narrow and sharp . it looked narrow for a couple of weeks upto a month but each passing day my nose is looking bigger and bigger Iam so depressed :( 24/7 m thinking about this changes. And talking about my PS even though iam trying to contact him he isn't paying attention I regret choosing him Over time my nose will be narrowed or it will keep growing bigger??

Bridge isn't narrow after rhinoplasty

Usually when the cast and tapes are removed the swelling is to such a degree it's hard to made much of a comment. However over the following few weeks the swelling rapidly clears and things become clearer. Sometime the residual swelling can be temporarily compressed and for a brief while a closer idea of the final result can be seen. This should only be done by your surgeon if at all. 

Postop nasal widening

Scar tissue build up can cause the widening appearance of the nose. You need to get steroid injections to prevent it. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovering from rhinoplasty and swelling

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. The swelling goes away in stages.
Think of your cast as a compression dressing. It was physically holding down the swelling. After it comes off, swelling can now enter your nose. This is normal. Over the next 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling will go down. Over the next 6-9 months, you will experience a downward trending rollercoaster ride of swelling and settling. It will not happen evenly either. One side will go down and then the other. Lastly the tip swelling goes away. 

Try to avoid salt, heat, sun, and hard exercise. Ask your surgeon what other strategies might help. It's a healing process, so keep your followup appointments so your surgeon can track your progress. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Likely what you are seeing now is swelling. Swelling can last a year or longer. Be patient with the results.