I'm 24 years old and I've been losing hair for the last several years. Is there any way I can stop it?

In my family, everyone has full head of hair. However, 2 of 3 of my mother's brothers are bald. I am shy guy, self-confidence is low and often afraid to even visit doctors. What could be the reason of my hair loss? pls help

Hair loss at a young age

You should schedule an appointment with a hair restoration specialist for evaluation and microscopic study. It sounds like you have male pattern baldness and you should start on medication such as finasteride.  

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Stop your hair loss right now!

I understand how frustrating it is loosing hair being so young.I will recommend that you consider a treatment to reduce the speed/stop your hairline from going further back. Treatments such as Propecia/Rogaine or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) are proven to be very effective. The use of non surgical treatments is to be continued for life and will not restore your previous hair line but will help you maintain your existing hair. Your hair loss can be genetic, stress related or a medical condition.PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is one great option. This procedure consists on getting some of your blood and putting it in a machine that will separate the different ingredients that are in the blood. From those ingredients we take the growth factors and inject them in your scalp. These growth factors will start working in your follicles enhancing your hair and reducing (and even stopping) the rate of your hair loss. If your follicles have not been dormant for too long the hair can regrow. We are here to help you look and feel good.  Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

24 years old and losing hair

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairloss treatment options

if you are young and worried about your hair loss, the best option is to see a hair losss specialist to find the cause for your hair loss and then get advise for the best treatment option for you. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon