I have high myopia in my both eyes of -16. corneal thickness is 500. Can I get Lasik to get rid of glasses completely?

Corneas too thin for LASIK

LASIK will not be able to fully correct for your entire prescription.  Your corneas are thin and you would not be a good candidate for the procedure.  Other procedures you may consider is refractive lens exchange and implantable contact lenses.

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

-16 Lasik?

You will not be able to get a full correction with Lasik. The ICL is a possible alternative for you.

Andrew Caster, MD
Los Angeles Ophthalmologist

Alternatives to LASIK

Not everyone is a candidate for LASIK - Visian ICL or Refractive Lens Exchange would likely be better choices for you.

Melissa Toyos, MD
Nashville Ophthalmologist