I went for a gynecomastia surgery two months back.

Hello doctors. I went for a gynecomastia surgery two month back. After completing two month I started my normal routine i.e. Playing badminton, driving car. But in a week I realize when I woke up in the morning my chest gets so stiff and there is a severe pain on my chest. What is the reason for this. Are these muscle till not properly set or there is some other issue. Please provide me your suggestion. It will help me a lot. Thank you.

What to Expect 2 Months After Your Gynecomastia Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. 

Usually 1 week after #gynecomastia surgery you can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous workouts or aerobic #exercise can begin around 4 weeks post-op. I suggest you get approval from your doctor before you begin any physical activity and workout regimens. It important to prevent any damage to the surgical sites as you are healing. This will decrease your chance of requiring #revision procedures in the future. The best advice is to be patient as it is still very early in your post-operative #healing. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Recovery after gynecomastia surgery

You're only two months out from your surgery, so your body is still processing the new scar tissue.  See your surgeon to be sure nothing is wrong.  If all is well, ask your surgeon about massage and hot epsom salt baths to help soften your scar tissue and alleviate that tight feeling in your treatment area.

Carmen Kavali, MD

It will be difficult for online consultants to give accurate advice without performing a physical examination.
It will be in your best interest to see your surgeon and allow him/her to examine you and discuss recovery.  The physical examination will be important in determining why you are experiencing the tightness and pain.

Chest discomfort

It might represent swelling or muscle soreness in most cases. If concerned, then best to be seen in person by your surgeon.