I had gynaecomastia surgery 7 weeks ago. Is 7 weeks enough for internal healing? Can I start my gym routine?

Resuming Athletic Activity Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Typically 1 week after #gynecomastia surgery you can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous #workouts or aerobic #exercise can begin around 4 weeks post-op. Please get approval from your doctor before you begin any workout regimen.

Gym routine

Thank you for your question.  I tell my patients that they should not do any heavy lifting for at least the first six weeks following their surgeries.  Essentially, it comes down to what you gym routine consists of and what your surgeon recommends, as the opinion on this matter varies.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Exercise

That is a question best answered by your surgeon because he knows best where you are at in your recovery.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  Always best to clear with your doctor any return to normal activity, but by 7 weeks you should be fine to resume your gym routine.  Hope this helps.

Gynecomastia and gym

I will often allow my patients to go back to the gym and workout vigorously by about 6-8 weeks but that really depends upon their healing. Best to ask you surgeon.

Starting Exercise After Gynecomastia Surgery

This is something you should check with your surgeon about. For my patients it depends on how they are healing, usually within 4 to 6 weeks they are allowed to return to their normal exercise routines. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD