I am not sure whether it is fat/breast tissue or swelling that is on my chest. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had my gynecomastia surgery on 29th August 2016. Its been more than 3 weeks. It seems to me that there is still fat/breast tissue under my chest. I am not sure whether it is fat/breast tissue or swelling that is on my chest. Attaching pre and post operation pics for your reference. Advice required.

Fat/breast tissue or swelling that is on my chest after gynecomastia surgery?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after gynecomastia surgery. Your surgeon will always be your best resource for accurate diagnosis, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance.  

Once complications such as hematoma or seroma has been ruled out, then it will be your best interest to allow for at least 3 to 6 months to pass before evaluating the final outcome of the procedure performed.  At that point, it will be possible to determine whether  any residual "mass" is related to residual breast tissue, adipose tissue, maturing scar tissue and/or skin.  Treatment of course will vary depending on this diagnosis.  Again, key will be close follow-up with your surgeon and ongoing patience once acute complications have been ruled out. Best wishes.

About Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques & Revision

There are three types of surgical treatment options available to treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and re-positioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Gynecomastia

It may be a combination of loose skin, fat, breast tissue, and swelling. It is still early post-op and you should give yourself a good 6 months or so to settle down.