I am a dental student. Should I get Epi-LASIK or any other refractive surgery?

I am 20 years old. I want to get epi lasik or lasek done since i have minor dry eye issues. I want to enjoy my college life. Thats why i want to get rid of my glasses but i have heard that vision takes 6 months to stabilise and there are temporary dry eye issues. I am worried that it will interfere with my studies as there are nights when i have to stay up late to study. I am also worried about any debris or dust getting into my eyes in our labs and clinics. Should i wait until i graduate ?

Although it can take anywhere from 3 to 9 months for your vision to stabilize, most of the healing takes place during the first month. Depending on the state of your healing, your doctor can also provide you with a pair of temporary glasses to help you see better during this process. As long as you wear proper eye protection (goggles) during lab/clinic, you shouldn't have to worry too much about any debris or dust getting into your eyes. If debris or dust does get in, usually rinsing out your eyes with some preservative free artificial tears will work.

City Of Industry Ophthalmologist