I have corneal thickness of 535, my power is -16.

How much can be safely remove by newer technology of lasik.to reduce the thickness of my glasses.

Procedure options

LASIK will not be able to fully correct your prescription.  You may look into other surgical options such as implantable contact lens (ICL) or refractive lens exchange (RLE).

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Corneal thickness of 535 and power of -16

In our practice, anyone with a high prescription will be offered the Visian ICL procedure. It's best to schedule a free consultation to see if you are a good candidate for LASIK or ICL.

Robert T. Lin, MD
City Of Industry Ophthalmologist

-16 and Lasik

The upper limit of the FDA approval for Lasik is -12. This would leave you around a -4. The ICL can achieve 16 diopters of correction.

Andrew Caster, MD
Los Angeles Ophthalmologist