I have brown spots on my face, and I am fed up of it. I'm mentally becoming weak. What's the best treatment?

I heard that chemical peeling is not that effective.so is there any other way or treatment to remove this freckles or brown spots from my face permantly

Reducing Pigment

Thank you for your question. There a plenty of options available to treat pigmentation, if chemical peels are not doing the trick I would recommend consulting with your laser technician about the appropriate laser/IPL treatments for your skin type and pigment concerns. Pigment is something you will have to continue maintenance for and also take care to avoid future sun exposure, however there are plenty of treatments out there that will reduce or remove your pigmentation concerns. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Pigment and Treating Brown Spots

There are many ways to treat brown spots. Chemical peels and bleaching agents are one way.  Fraxel or the "baby-Fraxel" which is the Clear and Brilliant Laser is another.  For just discrete brown spots, the Alex Tri-Vantage laser yields excellent results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is a specialist in this procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Brown spots

Yes, there are various laser treatments which will target the removal of freckles and brown spots. IPL, also known as photoderm is a flash bulb procedure which targets the brown pigment in the skin for removal. This is a great option if you are looking only to treat the pigment of your face. If you are looking for a deeper treatment, there are other lasers such as Fraxel which target both pigment as well as acne scars, and wrinkles. I would recommend you get a consult with a board ertified dermatologist or plastic suegeon who is experienced in laser treatment to see if you would be a candidate. Not everyone is a candidate for laser, depending on their skin tone.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist