I am 47 years and my weight is 107kg - I have large fat in belly/

I have also face the knee problem.Firstly i want to reduce my belly fat.I am female.I want to know the exact way which should not be expensive and also helpful>kindly suggest me.Thanks in advance.

High BMI and Body Contouring

Thanks for your question.  You are not alone.  There are a great number of people in your circumstance.

Excess body weight often concentrates in the abdomen.  The extra weight can wear out you knees and hips and cause all kinds of health issues as well as damage to your self esteem.

First, see your primary doctor to get on a diet that will help you lose weight and get your body mass index down to help your knees and your health.  If you don't have that kind of support, check the book Enter the Zone by Barry Sears out of the library, read it, and do the calculations. Then follow the diet exactly.  Only choose foods from the "best" list.  You can lose 1 and 1/2 to 2 pounds a week, about 8- 10 pounds a month.  Start walking for exercise every day as well.  Get rid of all the junk food in your house and don't buy more. Set a goal and decide when you plan to reach it.

If you can, see a therapist to find out why you are using food for comfort so you can be more conscious in your choices.  Make sure anyone that is helping you overeat is converted over to the plan for a slimmer, more healthy you.

When you have achieved the weight that you prefer, see a plastic surgeon for body contouring to achieve the body you will be happy with and a healthy life.

This process is not easy, so get as much support from your friends and family as you can, or join weight watchers to stay on track and get support. You may inspire others on your way to good health and improved self esteem!

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Belly fat

If your belly  is primarily protuberant from superficial fat then lipo might be worth it. If you have lax muscles, then you might need a tummy tuck. Best to be seen in person.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Abdominal contour improvement

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to fully give suggestions without a clear clinical picture. There are a wide array of options from minimally invasive modalities such as cool sculpting and liposuction to more invasive options such as surgery. Where you would fit in this spectrum would be driven by the amount of excess abdominal fat and skin redudnency. I would recommend a clinical evaluation by a plastic surgeon who can assess these variables and formulate a treatment plan to best suit your needs.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Excess abdominal fat.

Thank you for the question. Excess belly fat can be treated surgically by liposuction or a tummy tuck. It is difficult to determine which procedure you will need without seeing your belly. 
If you've had kids and have loose extra skin you may benefit from a tummy tuck. 
Liposuction can be performed to reduce the fat in areas that are resistant to weight loss. 

Liposuction can also be done to remove fat from the knees. 

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in person to receive more specific advise. 

All the best!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Excess abdominal fat

An examination would be necessary to determine whether you could benefit from liposuction, if the fat is superficial..  If this is a result of obesity, then the best recommendation would be to attempt a weight loss program first. Best wishes.

Abdominal surgery

Hello and thank you for your question.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD