I am 24 years old and losing my hair pretty fast. What do I do?

In my family, everyone has full head of hair. However, 2 of 3 of my mother's brothers are bald. I have been losing hair for last several years. I am shy guy, self-confidence is low and often afraid to even visit doctors. What could be the reason of my hair loss? pls help

Hair loss at a young age

You should schedule an appointment with a hair restoration specialist for evaluation and microscopic study. It sounds like you have male pattern baldness and you should start on medication such as finasteride. 

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

your hair loss is likely male pattern and genetic. you should have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon to have your scalp and hair evaluated, as well as discuss the non surgical options available to you, especially preventative medications which can slow the progression of hair loss. the sooner you are seen, the better off you will be in the long run.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

First step is an evaluation

The first step is to see an experienced physician to determine the cause. There are likely treatments that can help, including topical medications and/or platelet rich plasma injections. The most common form of hair loss is genetic (inherited). 

Best to you,

Dr. Norcom

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician