I am 20 and my hair fall is continuous since 2 years. What should I do?

Now my hairs are very critical.They fall off while combing, taking shower,taking hands to my hair. My father have also bald condition but I dont want to be bald.

If you're having hair loss and would like to know why, it is best to see a doctor for an examination.

If you're having hair loss and would like to know why, it is best to see a doctor for an examination.  The most common cause of hair loss for men is genetic balding.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss Plan

At age 20 male pattern balding can be devastating. Seeing a dermatologist or a full time well qualified hair transplant surgeon can confirm the diagnosis and where you are headed with your hair loss. At your age and feeling desperate you may seek hair restoration surgery but that may be a big mistake if a holistic approach to your hair loss is not followed. In hair restoration in a younger patient  a long term approach to hair loss needs to be taken. Find a well qualified hair restoration surgeon for proper diagnosis and develop a life long approach to combat your hair loss.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

10 years old with hair loss?

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Recommendations for you

Hello. I will recommend that you consider a treatment to reduce the speed/stop your hairline from going further back. Treatments such as Propecia/Rogaine or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) are proven to be very effective. The use of non surgical treatments is to be continued for life and will not restore your previous hair line but will help you maintain your existing hair. In order to restore your hairline you could consider a Hair Transplant.We offer free consultations and can help you find the best treatment option to reach your goals!Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon