I'm 18 years old with acne scars on my face. Is it okay if I use Derma Roller at this age?

I started getting acne when I was 14 which has left me wid nasty acne scars on my cheeks n forehead....I started using dermaroller 3 months ago...but my friend told me that I shouldn't use these harsh treatments on my skin at this early age as it can leave me with damaged skin....so what should I do? I really want to get rid of these scars

Thanks for your query. Dermaroller is a good treatment for acne scars but it should be done by a doctor only. It can be started at 18 years of age but a proper gap between the 2 treatments has to be maintained and proper pre and post care should be done. Hope it helps.All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon