How to heal burn on face? (photos)

2days ago in the morning I burnt my face with hot tea,I washed my face with tap water ,used aloe vera gel,then as prescribed by doctor I m applying dermocalm lotion 3-4times a day.I want to know how long it will take the burnt skin to peel off and also I want to prevent scarring..

Cheek burns on the face

Scar removal on a dark scar begins with local wound care followed by application of Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams once the skin heals over. You may also need light chemical peels and fractional laser afterwards. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

How to Heal Burn on Face

1. Wash your hands thoroughly. 
  2. Keep face clean with plain soap and water in AM and PM.
  3. The burn area should be moisturized multiple times daily (you may consider Vitamin A&D ointment, Aquaphor, etc.). The area over your burn should always be moist.
  4. That darker layer will peel off over the course of 1-2 weeks and you'll see the underlying bright pink layer throughout the entire burn area.
  5. Your normal skin pigment will return with time (~6 months).
  6. For the next 12-18 months, avoid sunlight on your face by using a combination of sunscreen (SPF 30 or more), hats/shields, and shade. Sunlight/UV rays can make that area more deeply pigmented than the rest of your face and worsen scarring.
  7. Keep following up with your doctor at regular intervals.
  8. Take pictures to document your improvement as it will improve.
  9. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician