How to heal burn on face? (photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Cheek burns on the face
How to Heal Burn on Face
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Keep face clean with plain soap and water in AM and PM.
- The burn area should be moisturized multiple times daily (you may consider Vitamin A&D ointment, Aquaphor, etc.). The area over your burn should always be moist.
- That darker layer will peel off over the course of 1-2 weeks and you'll see the underlying bright pink layer throughout the entire burn area.
- Your normal skin pigment will return with time (~6 months).
- For the next 12-18 months, avoid sunlight on your face by using a combination of sunscreen (SPF 30 or more), hats/shields, and shade. Sunlight/UV rays can make that area more deeply pigmented than the rest of your face and worsen scarring.
- Keep following up with your doctor at regular intervals.
- Take pictures to document your improvement as it will improve.
- Best of luck!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.