How to heal burn on face? (photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 2
Cheek burns on the face
How to Heal Burn on Face
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Keep face clean with plain soap and water in AM and PM.
- The burn area should be moisturized multiple times daily (you may consider Vitamin A&D ointment, Aquaphor, etc.). The area over your burn should always be moist.
- That darker layer will peel off over the course of 1-2 weeks and you'll see the underlying bright pink layer throughout the entire burn area.
- Your normal skin pigment will return with time (~6 months).
- For the next 12-18 months, avoid sunlight on your face by using a combination of sunscreen (SPF 30 or more), hats/shields, and shade. Sunlight/UV rays can make that area more deeply pigmented than the rest of your face and worsen scarring.
- Keep following up with your doctor at regular intervals.
- Take pictures to document your improvement as it will improve.
- Best of luck!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.