Hair fall at the age of 19.

Iam suffering from hairfall from last 2 years(now iam 19), iam taking sleep less than 6 hours and taking breakfast less than 4 times a weak. can these be reason for my hairfall or anything else?

Multiple Possibilities

While nutrition plays a role in healthy hair growth, other conditions should be considered in a young person with hair loss including autoimmune conditions.  If your hair growth does not improve with proper nutrition and sleep restoration, I would recommend that you see your primary doctor before seeing a specialist.  Best of luck.

Hair loss at 19 years

rohith vasuru:
Thanks for the question. Breakfast is an important meal, as it fuels the rest of the day. Diet is important in growing healthy hair. Inadequate nutrition can lead to hair loss. Both protein and caloric restriction can cause it.  I would recommend an evaluation with a hair loss expert. It should include:An accurate diagnosis is pivotal in successful treatment and results. When did the hair loss start? gradual or sudden? shedding or slow progressive hair loss? patchy or focal? Pattern or diffuse? any other symptoms? itching? burning? family history of similar hair loss? scaling? redness? dietary? medical history? meds? history of surgery? are you male or female?
Sincerely,
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

10 and possibly losing hair

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon