Do I have gynecomastia?

I am a 21 year old boy. I have boobs like a female bt not as large as they have bt quite bigger. Is it that gyNomastia or it fakes. I am asking u so coz of if i know better i can start workout.

Doctor Answers 10

How to Determine if You Have Gynecomastia

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. 
Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 110 reviews

Tough to say

By your description, it sounds like you have gynecomastia.  However, I'd like to see a photo or two and get a feel for how long you've had this "problem".  A good start is a consult from a board certified plastic surgeon. More information is available in the link attached to this.

Tim Neavin, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 46 reviews


It is difficult to evaluate you through a photo. Your best bet is to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. They see hundreds of cases of gynecomastia and will be able to give you a comprehensive picture of what your options are. 

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Sounds like gynecomastia

you should see a board certified PS to get examined and to learn what your options are.
best of luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 112 reviews

Gynecomastia or Not?

If your current breast size is larger than normal for a male, then this is called Gynecomastia. Any unwanted volume is reason enough for you to consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in order to get an expert opinion and to obtain the correct treatment for your case. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews


It sounds like you may have gynecomastia. If you want treatment for this condition, I suggest you see a plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Do I have gynecomastia?

Hi Bahubli,

Thanks for the post, but without more information (such as your height, weight, medication history) and photos it is impossible to determine whether you have gynecomastia. If you can provide this information I could better advise.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 46 reviews


You don't really provide enough information to be of help. You should send pictures from at least two angles. It would also help to know your height and weight. Are you on any chronic medications such as seizure meds. What is your activity level? Why are you describing yourself as a "boy" when you're 21?

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 12 reviews


I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, mild Gynecomastia is usually treated by liposuction alone. The scars are small and well hidden. Insurance may or may not cover it, depends on your policy. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews


Would love to help but this kind of question really requires a photograph. Even then, the bad news is that exercise rarely makes any significant change 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.