Is this gynecomastia? (photos)

Is this gynecomastia?

Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction surgery may also be helpful.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Is this gynecomastia

Thank you for your question. Based on pictures I can not comment. I recommend to see a Board certified PS for evaluation.

Determining If You Have Gynecomastia

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Do I Have Gynecomastia?

Hi Pranav,
Thanks for the post and photo. It is difficult to tell based on this specific photo. You appear to be thin and there may be some increased fullness at the nipple level but due to the angle and lighting it is hard to confirm. I recommend you be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Is this gynecomastia?

Unfortunately, from just this one photo it is difficult to say if this is gynecomastia or an issue with the shape of your rib cage.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon.  Once you have been examined, they could make a diagnosis and give you treatment options.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, your photo demonstrates possibly mild Gynecomastia which is usually treated by liposuction alone. The scars are small and well hidden. Insurance may or may not cover it, depends on your policy. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

It's hard to tell from that photo. YOu need to be seen in person to know for sure. You seem to have a depression under your breast --- so the breast looks more prominent. Set up an appointment with a plastic surgeon and have an examination if you are concerned.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD