Gynecomastia surgery solution? (Photo)

Don't have the desired results what can be done now surgery was done approx 1 year ago surgery was done.

Thank you for the question and the photos and though an examination is needed, from the photos alone it would appear that you would benefit from a revision.  So see your surgeon or other expert in the field.

Dr. Corbin

Gynecomastia Surgery Candidates and Surgical Techniques

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.  There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. 
The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period.  Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, your photo demonstrates possibly mild Gynecomastia which is usually treated by liposuction alone. The scars are small and well hidden. Insurance may or may not cover it, depends on your policy. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Gynecomastia surgery solution?

You may need a revision of your Gynecomastia surgery with removal of some tissue as well as possible fat grafting. This can only be ascertained on physical examination. Please discuss this with your surgeon and if you are still not satisfied, find another experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia surgery solution?

Without examination or at least reviewing your operative note it is difficult to give you an opinion.   I would encourage you to return to your surgeon. I wish you the best. 

Glynn Bolitho, PhD, MD, FACS