i had gynecomastia surgery a year ago, I noticed that my chest now become loose, is it normal? (photos)

or should i visit surgeon again, as after surgery when i was using compression belt for few months chest feels tight better.

The Lasting Effects of Gynecomastia Surgery

The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery. However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future.

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. 
Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments.

Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. 

You may need revision

It is difficult to comment without seeing pre operative photos.However it appears that your skin has not shrunken the way it might have.You need to go back to your surgeon who may do some skin tightening procedure on you.

Anup Dhir, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Post-op options

I think preoperative photos would give a better idea of how much of a reduction you had.  Unfortunately it appears that your skin elasticity wasn't good enough to avoid having a deflated look.  Depending on what surgery was previously preformed you may have a few options regarding revisionary procedures to 'tighten up' the skin envelope. Re-visit with your previous surgeon or seek consultation with another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to review your options. Best of luck

Jacob Bloom, MD

Gynecomastia surgery and skin

When deflating a balloon ( like the chest after removal of fat or glandular tissue) there certainly may be laxity. The skin will not just shrink wrap back if the skin quality is poor. Good luck.

Loose Skin After Gynecomastia

Dear brocklesnarfs,

I see what you mean about the loose skin, I would not recommend liposuction as that will likely cause the issue to worsen. I suggest returning to your operating physician to see what they recommend. You would have a couple of options, including a revision surgery that may produce additional scars but would fix the issue. Another, less invasive option would be to try to build up your chest muscles. Patients can sometimes fill the loose skin when their pec muscles increase in size. Good luck!

Loose skin can be improved by Vaser Ultrasound

The best way to go is to have a vaser liposuction to get rid of some more fat and tighten skin at the same time.   This generally has a nice reliable effect.    My Best      Dr Commons