Do I have gynecomastia or man boobs? (photos)

iam irritated with this type of chest,iam unable wear t shirts.what can i do to get rid of these boobs.please answer me and gynecomastia surgery will give satisfactory results to me???

Determining If You Have Gynecomastia

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect men of all different body types. 

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Do I have gynecomastia or man boobs?

Thank you for the question. I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Physical examination will be key when it comes providing you with an accurate diagnosis. Based on your description, it is possible that you are dealing with gynecomastia. "Gynecomastia" comes from the Greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and "mastos" meaning breasts. It refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males. Although there may be many “causes”, most cases are idiopathic (no specific cause). The use of certain medications, drugs, organ dysfunction (kidney or liver), hormonal imbalances etc. may also be causative. Persistent gynecomastia is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area. If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue liposuction surgery may suffice. You may find the attached link, dedicated to gynecomastia concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia can be helped very much by plastic surgery

yes your photos show moderately severe gynecomastia. surgery could make a very big difference for you and the recovery would be a week or so. I would certainnly encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon if you are inclined to do something about your problem.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Do I have gynecomastia or man boobs

Hi pradeep
yes you have gynaecomastia
best results are obtained by a combination of liposuction and gland removal by incisions that are smaller than 1 cm each.

Do I have gynecomastia or man boobs?

Yes, from the photos you appear to have the condition which can be surgically corrected. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery. If you are in NY area consider Dr. Blau.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Technically, gynecomastia refers to glandular tissue in a man, but quite often it is either a combination of fat and gland.  

Gynecomastia

we tend to use these two terms interchangeably. From the photo certainly seems to be what you have. Find a good board certified plastic surgeon who does plenty of these and ask about the technique where there is no scar in the front just a small spot in the armpit. Good luck with it.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Do I have Gynecomastia?

Gynecomastia or enlarged breast in men can occur for a variety of reasons. The typical presentation starts at puberty but usually will resolve in time, there are times when the breast stay enlarged. This enlargement may be result of obesity or just not resolve for no apparent reason. Gynecomastia in adults could be caused by marijuana or steroid use, and from some medications. In rare cases it can be caused by certain tumors in which case a medical workup is needed. Treatment is simple and involves ultra sonic liposuction with possible open excision. Your photo appears to to be consistent with gynecomastia and is treatable.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Yes

Gynecomastia, or male "breasts" can be the result of medications or other medical disorders or from persistent breast tissue after puberty, or from fat.  You should get a full evaluation to determine the cause.  If it is not from any medical or treatable conditions, liposuction and/or excision of the tissue is done to restore the contour to normal.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia New York

You do have Gynecomastia.
How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD