Do I have gynecomastia? (Photo)

Please check the uploaded photos. It's really embarrassing seeing myself like this. I feel very low when those are visible in my office shirts. Please guide if there is any other option apart from surgery. If I go with surgery and remove these extra tissues then are there chances of these tissues growing back again and making me same like now after some years of surgery. I'm 29 years old, height 5 feet 5 inch and weight 79 Kgs.

Doctor Answers 10

Consult with a Board Certified Surgeon to Better Determine

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.  About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Do I Have Gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.

It appears that you do have Gynecomastia and also some extra fat deposition. Surgery is the only real option to shape your chest. The Glands usually do not come back, unless you gain massive amount of weight, the improvement should be stable. Please make an appointment with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can evaluate you and suggest treatment options.

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 219 reviews

Gynecomastia or Pseudogynecomastia or both

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It appears that you have a combination of both gynecomastia and pseudo-gynecomastia(fatty breast). You will need a proper examination by a plastic surgeon to confirm that. Surgery can help correct your condition. 

Good luck !

Do I have gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
YES, you do  have gynaecomastia
Have a look at the video most of your queries would be answered


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on your photos you appear to have gynecomastia.  This issue can be addressed with direct excision of the breast / chest tissue, as well as liposuction to help smooth the area.  Discuss your medical history and medications you take with your surgeon to make sure there are no underlying causes that need to be considered.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 61 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes you have gynecomastia. The treatment is liposuction plus glandular excision. Ultrasonic liposuction is ideal for male breast reduction.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Significant Gynecomastia. Will need Liposuction and breast tissue removal for best results.
 May need liposuction to the lateral chest as well to define the chest better

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You do suffer from severe gynecomastia. It is best to consult a surgeon who has significant experienced with this problem.

Mordcai Blau, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 89 reviews

Do I Have Gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi maxi?

Thanks for the post and the photos. Based on the photos it does appear that you have gynecomastia.  I recommend that you be evaluated by a plastic surgeon experienced in gynecomastia surgery. You should undergo a detailed history and physical to make sure there are no underlying causes that would need to be addressed. If you do have excess breast tissue there is no other treatment other than surgery that would address this.


Dr. Dadvand 

Babak Dadvand, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 51 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Whether it is breast tissue or fat tissue will determine what could be done.  Often liposuction can debunk the chest quite a bit.  You may also need direct excision of tissue.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.