How much grafts I need now to cover my scalp? (Photos)

Photos are not enough to say if you would be a "good candidate" for surgery. You need to see a doctor for a proper exam.

Photos are not enough to say if you would be a "good candidate" for surgery.  You need to see a doctor for a proper exam so you can understand that is possible with surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How much grafts I need now to cover my scalp?

Greetings

Firstly you have very thin hair and your photos can not determine the number of grafts we need to see the donor area. 

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Hair loss

You have extensive hair loss and I would have to know your age. If you are under 25, then you may not be a candidate for a hair transplant. Starting off with drugs such as finasteride is a better first step. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts

"How many grafts??" is a question that comes up a lot on realself. The number of grafts is influenced by both the recipient site and the donor site. In the recipient site, the pattern and degree of loss determine the absolute need.  The amount to take to fill this need is influenced by the recipient site where factors such as - the diameter of the donor site, the number of hairs per follicle in the donor site, the density of follicles in the donor site - all come into play.  For you, I would recommend starting with a single maximal hair transplant and expecting that a second will likely be necessary to achieve the density you wish. A single transplant will have great benefit for you.  

Best of luck from Manhattan.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD