FUE extraction using laser guided equipment.

One of the clinics told me they are using a laser guided equipment which can distinguish between 1, 2 or 3 hair follicles before extraction and accordingly deploy right sized punch . However I couldn't find any info about such a device on the web . Is this just a marketing ploy ?

There are no lasers that distinguish hair follicles in FUE surgery. It is probably a marketing gimmick.

There are no lasers that distinguish hair follicles in FUE surgery.  It is probably a marketing gimmick.  The only system that distinguish follicles is the ARTAS system and it uses cameras. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

That's garbage

Not true and that person should be avoided.  The ARTAS Robotic FUE system is the only thing that does identify single hair follicles vs non-single hair follicles, but even that doesn't differentiate between 2's, 3's, and 4's. Of course, the surgeon can tell the difference and preferentially chose more robust grafts.  If you are interested, check it out -- the technology is pretty amazing!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

This is more than likely a marketing ploy. This industry is chock full of bloated egos and marketing schemes. So please be aware. The best thing to do is to do good research and ask many questions. Also the befores and afters of many and all clinics you are interested in are vital. 

One more thing. Most all FUE cases can be performed with a 0.9mm punch. Anything larger gives a greater potential for scarring.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Laser FUE

I am the pioneer of modern FUE technology including the robot. Laser guided FUE sounds like marketing hype. I have never heard of it and it is insane to change punches through the procedure to match follicular groupings.  See my resume below for reference to my authority

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon