Fraxel restore or fractional co2 laser is better for acne scars?

My doctor suggested me fraxel re:store and fractional co2 laser. 3 treatment each. Later he told me fraxel restore will give best results than fractional co2. Fraxel is really expensive comparing with fractional co2 here. I would like to know that which laser works best? I have seen many suggestions in this website that fractional co2 will give more results. I'm confused. Please suggest me which laser works best for moderate scars

In my opinion the Active Fx with a Deep FX pass over acne scars provides a superior result then a Fraxel Restore procedure.  The attached link provides more information.I hope this helps.

Lumenis lasers are the best CO2 lasers

Agreed about the Deep FX, they have double the power of Fraxel Co2 RePair (thats the Co2 laser by Fraxel) and much, much better than the Fraxel 1550 ReStore. So, to answer your question, I would suggest the fractional co2, however your skin type and downtime needs to be taken into consideration. May I make another suggestion? If you have atrophic, rolling and tethered scars, INFINI insulated micro needling is, in my opinion, superior to even Co2 laser. Always match a treatment to the scar type. All the bestDr Davin LimLaser and aesthetic dermatologist, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fractional laser differences

Thank you for your question rahilmohd. Fractional lasers are used for wrinkles and acne scars. Ablative wavelength such as CO2 work well, require fewer treatments, and are associated with longer recovery time. Non-ablative wavelengths such as the Fraxel Re:Store (1550 nm and 1927 nm) also work well but require more treatments and are associated with shorter recovery times. Both treatments can provide outstanding results. These are the important considerations when deciding on a treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Ablative vs non ablative laser for acne scars; ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, ablative laser is more effective than non-ablative lasers. However the downtime and side effect profile of the two types of lasers is significantly different. Many practitioners believe that multiple non-ablative treatments equal a single ablative treatment. You need to determine whether or not you have downtime and can risk side effects. Both are worthwhile. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon