Can fraxel restore be done for acne scars on someone who managed to get hyperpigmentation with subcision?

Hello there. I'm Indian. I have a lot of doctors offering fraxel restore, and they are experienced with Indian skin. But I'm discouraged since a subcision procedure with an 18 guage needle seems to have left me with hyperpigmentation at EVERY point it was done. I can only imagine fraxel might not be for me. I know of only ONE doctor offering ematrix, but I'm not sure how good of a doctor she is. I feel like I've hit a dead end. Please help.

Treating acne scars in patients of color

I am assuming you are Asian Indian which is an ethnic group at high risk for post-inflammatory pigment from any wounding of the skin.  In my experience Fraxel does cause persistent darkening of the treated areas.  Recently I've used the Picosure laser in the Focus mode and have seen great improvement in acne scars even in more darkly colored patients.

Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars and dark skin

Fraxel is a great laser for acne scars in type I and II skin. If you have a tendency to hyper pigment and have a darker complexion then I would definitely agree with the EMatrix treatment. It does only have the same risk of hyper pigmentation and successfully treats acne scars. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these lasers for the best cosmetic result.  

Acne scars and dark skin