Eyes are over corrected after LASIK surgery and the temporary glasses provided give foggy appearance?

I Had my lasic surgery 1.5 months ago. my number was LE : -9.50 spherical and 2.5 cylinderical , RE : -9.50 spherical and 2.0 cylinderical. I was overcorrected to +1.25 spherical and 2.25 cylinderical in both the eyes. So doctor provided me temporary glasses for 3 months but these glasses give foggy appearance with glare due to which i cant see properly.

Overcorrection after LASIK

you should be on a NSAID to regress youyour surgeon should know and try thisor you will need an enhancement

New York Ophthalmologist

Overcorrection after LASIK

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

New York Ophthalmologist

Overcorrection after Lasik

For high corrections such as yours, over- and under-corrections are more common, though still rare. Your eyes are probably still changing, so your final result will probably be better than you are now. I would expect a touchup, however.The glasses prescription that you temporarily need is probably changing. So if the vision is blurry through the glasses, go back and get another prescription.

Overcorrection after Lasik

LASIK, Overcorrection, foggy vision

I am sorry to hear about your troubles.Without a detailed examination it is difficult to forma firm opinion.Here are a number of possibilities: the prescription for the new glasses is incorrectthere is a problem with the procedure itself, such as the flap not being properly reposionedinflammation under the flapdry eyesand many more.  Again I would need a lot more information, one important data would be a cornea topography from before the procedure and a current one.Best,Dr. Saimovici

Liviu Saimovici, MD - Account Suspended
New York Ophthalmologist

LASIK, Overcorrection, foggy vision