What can I do to ensure error free Botox abroad?

I am abroad & overstaying for a few mths. I really want to get Botox for preventing number 11's & forehead lines. There is one place here in my city in India that offers Botox, but I am too scared to get it done here but don't like my lines. IF I decide to get it done here, are there any specific injection points I can ask to be injected to get me through 2-3 months without room for error? And would it be wise to get a few units at a time and build up once I know they are doing a good job?

India Botox

There is no such thing as 'side effect free' or 'error free' procedures in medicine.

Seek an experienced provider that has explained the indications, risks and alternatives that you have trust and confidence in .. and hope for the best. 

You have ideal expectations but inhernetly, man made procedures are not perfect.

Botox in India

Botox is a cosmetic injection and my best advice is to find someone highly qualified with good referrals.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox in India

You clearly have concerns and doubts about safety and competence of the doctors in your area which should be a good reason not to have this ELECTIVE, COSMETIC treatment.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunately there really isn't anything you can do. If you don't trust your injector you simply shouldn't get injections. Hope that helps! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Botox abroad...

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately there is no way to guarantee safety domestically or abroad.  Your best bet is to go to a board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon trained in the US who is listed on Allergan's physician finder to guarantee you are receiving genuine product and ask to see the vial mixed in front of you while viewing the Allergan hologram on the vial.  Counterfeit Botox is a big issue unfortunately not just abroad but here as well.  If you have to tell someone where to inject you should not be seeing that physician for treatment.  The safest option is to wait until you return home to go to your injector who you are familiar with and confident in.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello Me9,

There is never a way to guaranty error free treatment, whether abroad or in the United States.  If you do get treatment abroad, I would recommend you be treated by a board certified physician injector.  If you had to tell someone where to inject then you should not be treated by that person.  The safest option is just to wait until you return.  A few months of animation should not cause any long term issues with wrinkles.

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

If you have to tell someone where to inject Botox, you may be asking someone who is not familiar with its use.  I would caution you to obtain a consultation with only board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeons. You can't really build up the Botox to make it last longer,  altho this may occur after several years of useage. I'm sure that there are certified people in India.  Also, the use of "homemade" Botox is increasing, particularly outside the U.S.

Alexander M. Guba, MD
Huntersville Plastic Surgeon