Is the effect of kenalog injection permanent?

How safe is it to take kenalog shots on nose 3 months after rhinoplasty to reduce the swelling? Is the effect permanent? My surgeon told me that sometimes steroid shots collapse the cartilage and ruin the nose permanently. Is it so? Kindly help!

Pesistent swelling after rhinoplasty

The question is the reason of your discomfort. If you are not satisfied with the shape of your nose who said that it is swelling? It may be residual hump or insufficiently reduced cartilages or swelling of the soft tissues. If the problem is soft tissue swelling it may disappear a few months later. Kenalog melts dermis and subcutaneous tissues but not cartilage or bones. If it is done properly may reduce the swelling permanently. But there is a danger of excessive skin thinning and depressions. If the reason is not soft tissue but cartilage or bone then you need a revision surgery. Best answer would be given by your primer surgeon. Regards and good luck.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon