Diastasis recti even after ftt should I go for revision?

I underwent a full tummy tuck with muscle repair but i still feel the separation of abdominal muscles, its been 10 weeks post surgery i also had two c-secs.what should i do??

See your surgeon

Diastasis is usually seen and not felt. I would see your surgeon and see what he or she says. 

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Recurrent diastasis of rectus muscles

It may not be that easy to confirm clinically whether or not you have diastasis of muscles this "early" after your last surgery. It may take 2-3 months for rectus muscles to get their normal tone after abdominoplasty. Keep a positive attitude and stay in close touch with your surgeon. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend that you wait at least 6 months until most of the healing is completed.  For now continue wearing an abdominal binder and stay in touch with your plastic surgeon.  Also, please include a photo of you abdomen for us to see so we can help you better.  

Andre Aboolian, MD

Post op

Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  It may still be too early to fully tell accurately what your are feeling.  If things look great, I would leave everything alone for now.  Talk with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after tummy tuck surgery.   Although it is too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed, it sounds like you may benefit from revisionary surgery if abdominal wall muscle laxity remains a concern long-term.    Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon for accurate assessment and advice. Best wishes.

Post TT and still have Diastasis Recti

I would recommend you return to your surgeon to discuss things. If you do not feel you are getting the answer that makes sense, then I would recommend you get a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon