How many days to take of work if I undergo Septo-rhinoplasty+Fess? I am a teacher and need to speak for about 6 hours a day.

I have had two septoplasty surgeries, last one was 18 months ago. Present diagnosis is left side turbinate hypertrophy, anterior deviation of septum to the right side. And nasal bridge is not straight. Dr. prescribed to undergo Septo-rhinoplasty and FESS. Also told me that chances of septal perforation is there. I am often having nasal block in spite of using Fluticasone nasal sprays for over a year. Dr is ENT and plastic surgeon. Should i undergo the surgery & how many days to take off work?

Two weeks off from work after rhinoplasty, septoplasty, and functional endoscopic sinus surgery

most patients in our practice take two weeks off after cosmetic rhinoplasty, a septoplasty and functional endoscopic sinus surgery. This allows time for patients to heal. For more information, diagrams and many before-and-after results of rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Likely you will be splinted for about a week and have bruising for two weeks. Best to review with your surgeon.

Time off after surgery

It sounds like you already have a pretty detailed plan for your upcoming surgery. Many different factors come into play regarding time off. I would direct your questions to your surgeon as they know exactly what will be done in the operating room. In general, one week for rhinoplasty and sinus surgery should be adequate. You will still have swelling in the nose for many months, but this should not preclude you from your job teaching. 
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon