Is this a serious case of gyno? (photos)

hi, i am 22 year old, the gyno appears when i was teenager(FAT) and since then its been a nightmare, i examine my breast and i find soft lumps under nipples and fat and they are not the same size each, they are uneven. i've been doing weight training since last 3 years and follow healthy diet, But after all this effort nothing has changed, the lumps are still there and fat is also not going away no matter how low body fat i have the fat around chest area won't go away, should i go for surgery?

Doctor Answers 12


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
First of all, congratulations on being healthy and in great shape. Based on your pictures and description it does sound like you wold benefit from surgery to correct your concerns. It may be as simple as liposuction or more advanced minimally invasive techniques to address it. A consultation with a bc plastic surgeon who does many of these procedurss can help here. Best wishes


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on the photos provided if you have do gynecomastia it is subtle.  Your chest appears essentially normal.  Perhaps it is more obvious on physical exam.  A plastic surgeon would be able to provide a better idea whether surgery might help, after a proper examination.

Gynecomastia at 22 y.o after weight loss

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Gynecomastia at 22 y.o after weight loss is not uncommon .The fat produce estrogen and you probably have gland tissue. It is best to see a gynecomastia surgeon and discuss your problem. 

Mordcai Blau, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 89 reviews

Serious case of gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on your photographs, you have been very serious and diligent with both your exercise and diet

regimes. Congratulations.

The arms up view appears to indicate your gynecomastia is due to skin excess and fat excess---no diet and

exercise can destroy a fat cell once created.

The question is can you be treated non-operatively or do you require surgery?

Only a thorough examination will dictae your best option.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.  About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

Jed H. Horowitz, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Your chest

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
From the photos I'm not convinced you have gynecomastia. A three quarter view would be helpful.  With weight loss sometimes the skin sags a little. Your best bet is to get checked out by a plastic surgeon.  Congrats on the body, by the way.  That's not easy to obtain!

Tim Neavin, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

Mild to moderate gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on your pictures, I would call what you have as mild to moderate gynecomastia.

Most gynecomastia improves somewhat with weight loss.

Clearly, you are at a very low BMI.

Considering that this may be as far as you can get with weight loss, you may be a candidate for surgery.

Talk to an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon to see what your options are.

Best of luck,

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

Is this a serious case of gyno?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Is this a serious case of gyno

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your problems have a very simple solution. Liposuction and gland removal with nearly imperceptible scars will make your great shape almost perfect


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You look like you're in great shape however you seem to have excess glandular tissue, and perhaps fat. You may benefit from liposuction or excision. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.