Can I reduce my breast size or is my breast size normal?

I am a 18 year old girl but i have size of 38 breast well i am little short in height so i look very bad can i reduce my breast size or is my breast size is normal

Breast reduction

Without seeing photos it is difficult to give you a definitive answer, but if you feel your breasts are too large (especially if they are causing back or neck problems), it would be a good idea for you to see an experienced plastic surgeon to evaluate you for reduction surgery.  Good luck!

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

No way to tell

Without pictures or a physical exam, there is no way to decide if your breasts are normal for you or if you would be a good candidate for a reduction

Breast reduciton

You would have to be seen in person to determine if you are a candidate for a breast reduction. Good luck!

Breast Reduction

If you have symptoms of back pain, neck pain, etc., you can get your breast reduction surgery performed under insurance.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. If you feel that your breasts are too large (disproportionate) for your torso and/or have large breasts that contribute to back/neck/shoulder discomfort, you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts. Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.

If/when the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make. To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.    I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. Regardless of your breast size you may benefit from a breast reduction. Many patient with large breasts suffer from back pain, neck pain and sometimes shoulder pain. If you fall within this category you should see a specialist. Best WishesTheodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician