I'm breast feeding my two year old baby. Can I do rhinoplasty?

I'm planning to do a closed rhinoplasty .is there any problem doing rhinoplasty while n breast feeding. I thought of feeding her till 3 yrs old.

Thank you for your question, the best would be wait and do the procedure after breast feeding however it is possible to do the surgery during breast-feeding.

Breast-feeding and a rhinoplasty procedure

It is possible to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure while you are breast-feeding. It is probably best to pump some milk ahead of time so that the anesthetic and any pain pills can be out of your system to resume breast-feeding again.

Breast feeding and surgery

You should probably avoid having surgery if you are still breast feeding. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Breast feeding and rhinoplasty

It's always best to check on these issues, so I'm glad you're asking the question. That said, you will be fine to continue breast feeding in the event you undergo rhinoplasty. Be sure to run this issue past your surgeon as well. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breastfeeding and rhinoplasty

Dear palyon, I'm assuming your closed rhinoplasty will be performed under a general anaesthetic. There will be no problem continuing breastfeeding postoperatively but, for the immediate perioperative period, you should express breast milk and freeze it to give to your toddler. This will allow time for the anaesthetic to 'wash' out of your system. An additional benefit is it will allow you time to recuperate after your surgery without the added pressure of having to feed your daughter. 5 to 7 postoperative days should do it.I hope this helps!

Raj Bhalla, FRCS, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon