Can crossed eyes be corrected permanently with Botox?

Most people enjoy their results of Botox for three to four months

Thank you for your question sharron sharron. Botox is a purified protein used to address certain wrinkles on the face associated with facial expression. Most people enjoy their results for three to four months. Botox is not a permanent solution. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox is not a permanent solution

Receiving a botox treatment always produces a temporary result. The results will last about 3-4 months. Addressing this surgically will produce more of a definitive result. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Strabismus treatment

Botox to treat strabismus, or any other condition for that matter, achieves temporary results. Within a few months, you’ll most likely need another treatment. 

Can Botox treat crossed eyes?

Thank you for sharing your question. Botox can temporarily improve crossed eyes. Treatments need to be repeated and do not give perfect results. The appropriate doctor to see is a pediatric ophthalmologist, since they specialize in treating strabismus. Good luck,

Hello Sharron Sharron,
Botox is only a temporary treatment for any of hte conditions it treats.  For strabismus problems or issues with eye movements, Botox can temporarily help.  Surgery is the definitive treatment.  I'd recommend you follow up with your ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon to learn more about this.I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Strabismus

Botox will not be a permanent treatment. I suggest consulting with an ophthalmologist for further evaluation and to discuss treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Correcting crossed eyes with Botox

This was actually the first approval for Botox. It can weaken the stronger muscles to even out the eyes. Unfortunately, this is only a temporary fix. More permanent solutions can be obtained through surgery.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for crossed eyes

In short. NO!
Botox results are not permanent. You must consult with an Ophthalmologist to determine the cause of your crossed eyes and then determine a treatment plan. Permanent correction may be available, but likely would involve surgery.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Crossed eyes

I don't think Botox is going to be very helpful here and certainly not permanent. get an appointment with a board certified ophthalmologist to get an evaluation and see what can be done

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Please See ophthalmologist

Botox, on label works for only 3 months.  Most plastic surgeons do not use botox in this situation and treatment would be reserved for an opthalmologist.  I would suggesting finding an ophthalmologist who specializes in muscle surgery and ask his/her opinion.