Is it possible that after a hair transplant 100℅ result will come?

Source of hair grafts is much smaller than the transplant area, so 100% is not possible, but you can thicken the hair you have

Thank you for your question. You’re asking if 100% coverage is possible with a hair transplant. It’s a very reasonable and ambitious question which I can certainly give my perspective based on my experience and knowledge in practice.
A little background, I’m a Board-certified cosmetic surgeon and Fellowship-trained oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. I’ve been in practice for over 20 years in Manhattan and Long Island. Hair transplant has been a very big part of my practice for many years. I’m also the founder of TrichoStem™ Hair Regeneration Centers where we help people with thinning hair non-surgically using a treatment we developed called Hair Regeneration to treat both men and women with genetic pattern hair loss.
The question of coverage has plagued every doctor who performs hair transplant, and the challenge has certain limitations. Unfortunately, the geometry is not favorable, so the question you’re asking about 100%, let’s assume you have reached the most advanced stage of hair loss like a Norwood 7. Think of the surface area of the scalp, then look at the donor area. The donor area is a permanent zone where the hair never goes away. If you think about the baldest man you’ve ever seen, that band of hair is the permanent zone that doesn’t go away, which is the source for hair transplant. When you realize that donor area is considerable smaller than the full scalp surface area, you know you can’t get 100% coverage or 100% density. This level of challenge and frustration is what has made hair transplant a procedure that has to be performed strategically.
Hair transplant is done to basically frame the face. When we look at somebody who’s considering surgery with very advanced hair loss, we think how can we get the face to look like there’s a hairline and there’s hair in a way that gives them some volume and confidence in their appearance. In surveys done to members of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery,  65% of men wanted more density after transplantation and the completion of their hair growth after transplant.
In our practice, we developed a solution for thinning hair called Hair Regeneration. When someone seeks attention for hair transplant, it’s because they’re losing hair, and what they’re trying to do is transplant hair to keep up with the hair loss. With Hair Regeneration, with an injection treatment and not surgery, we’re able to stop progression and reactivate growth, we’re able to stimulate shedding of thinning hair and the growth of thicker hair. You are on the right track because when someone usually seeks attention for hair loss, they’ve already lost 50% of their hair.
With Hair Regeneration, we’re able to achieve the most important thing which is coverage. Beyond that, if transplantation is appropriate, then transplantation can be done more strategically. With the pure geometric and mathematical limitations of transplantation, you want to do is stabilize, regenerate and then consider transplantation. Interestingly, most people who have been treated with Hair Regeneration are satisfied with the results and don’t feel the need for a transplant, so you may want to think about this.
Hopefully, you’re not in a situation where you’ve lost so much hair that there isn’t much to work with. The limitation of our treatment is if you don’t have hair follicles, there’s nothing to treat, so the earlier we catch someone, the better. We’re treating both men and women in their 20s and even some in their late teens, so  the earlier we catch somebody, the more hair we have to work with. I hope that was helpful, I wish you the best of luck and thank you for your question.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

100%

If the question is, "If I get a hair transplant will every single follicle live and grow?", the answer is no.  However, with good technique, you can expect survival rate of grafts in the 90+% range.  There is debate about what extraction technique will provide highest survival rate.

Tim Neavin, MD

I want 100% results from every graft placed

The answer to this I believe is no. There are no guarantees in this process or in any medical or surgical procedure. Good doctors get good results, but not 100% take of all of the grafts.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is no such thing as 100% in surgery. It is best to discuss the risks and benefits of surgery with a doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant Hair Survival

Hair graft survival depends on:
1. Care of follicles during graft extraction.
2. Care of follicles while outside your head.
3. Gentle manipulation while placing the follicles.
In general, there is better graft survival with FUT compared to FUE.
Best results are dependent on the skill and expertise of the hair transplant surgeon and their team of surgical assistants. Close to 100% will grow with FUT if done properly and about 90% with FUE.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

100% growth after hair transplant

It is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to know exactly what percentage of transplanted hairs are growing at the end of a year (which is why the "guarantee" offered by some clinics makes no sense). There are many, many factors which can determine the growth of a hair transplant--some involving the patient and some involving the surgeon and his or her team--but under ideal conditions the growth should be 90-100%. Of course, for a variety of reasons, the growth could be much less than this. What is important to understand is that even with 100% growth, a single hair transplant in nearly all cases will not be as thick as the surrounding hair that has undergone any loss; fortunately, it only takes about 50% of the original thickness to fool the eye.

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon