After FUE only shampoo? Anything else?

My doctor prescribed me to use baby shampoo every day to wash my recipient and donor area. I read online that doctors even prescribe moisturizers ? Should I be using some moisturizers on my recipient area ?

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.  What you read on the Internet may not apply to you.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

After FUE only shampoo? Anything else?

Thank you for posting your question. After FUE procedure, you need an organic based shampoo to wash to decrease the amount of scabbing, and depending on the clinic, some provide vitamin based solutions and sprays to keep the grafts hydrated. This varies clinic to clinic. Hope this helps.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

What shampoo should I use after a transplant

I prefer a SLS free shampoo like Haircycle brand, which is formatted for men and women with hair loss.  It's perfect for post-surgery.  Haircycle also makes a biotin spray, which has anti-oxidants and is beneficial following your transplant.  
You might also have benefited from liposomal ATP spray following your hair transplant.  It may be too late to benefit from this product.

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post Op Care Suggestions

Here is a video that can give you an idea of how to properly take care of your new transplanted hair.I hope this is helpful.Best of lucks and congrats on your hair transplant

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shampoo after FUE

After an FUE, I recommend any reasonable high grade shampoo you are used to using. Baby shampoo works well. Nothing else is needed

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon