8 Days Post OP, is this crater deformity/nipple inversion? (photos)

My doctor used lipo to remove excess fats and incision around the nipple to take out the glands. Since day 1 post op I noticed huge craters under both my nipples. When I asked my doctor about it he said it will go. But 8 days post op I notice that my right nipple is slightly inverting. Though the craters have slightly reduced, they are very prominent when i bend down or raise my shoulders. Should I worry about it, or is it something normal and will go with time?

After Gynecomastia Surgery Concerns

It's still quite soon into your healing. Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Thanks for the photos.  It is too early to tell how your final result will be.  However, things tend to always get better with time.  Massage.  Allow the swelling to subside.

Tim Neavin, MD

Tummy tuck, 3 months post-op: why is my belly button not healing correctly? (Photo)

It's very early in your post op period. I recommend lymphatic massages post op. This will help soften whatever adhesions there may be at the nipple. In addition it will help improve interactions in any contour deformities. Good luck

Gynecaomastia and incisions

I think that at this point you need to allow the swelling to subside.  It will change quite a bit over the next few months.

Irregularities of the areola very common after gynecomastia for months.

I see nothing in the photograph it is alarming. This is a fairly average look for the areola after excision of gynecomastia. It will improve with time.