5 years post gynecomastia surgery - hard muscular tissue above the pecs (can hold with index finger and thumb). (Photo)

Hi, I had a gyro surgery 5 years back. After the surgery for few months, everything looked flat and no signs of lumps whatsoever. But around 1 year post surgery some tissue (not painful) started to uncover underneath the nipple and above the pecs. This was hard and well shaped compared to the breast tissue which I had before surgery. This tissues are acting as a lift for the nipple to pop out in cone shape(see pictures). Is it a residual breast tissue or a scar tissue? Thanks for your help.

Hard Muscle Tissue

Men who suffer from large areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. This can be a permanent result, but you are always welcome to return to your same surgeon, being the one with the most detailed knowledge of your procedure and healing. If a revision procedure is possible to help update this condition, you also have the right to seek out a new board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation if you would like to try something new. Good luck.

Hi kishore,
The best person for you to go back is your surgeon.
Sometimes a little tissue is left behind so that an indentation does not occur.
Get yourself examined in person , a revision might be needed.
best of luck

5 years post gynecomastia surgery - hard muscular tissue above the pecs (can hold with index finger and thumb).

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I can see the subtle asymmetry between your right and left chests, but true identification of residual gynecomastia would have to be diagnosed during an in-person examination.  Some breast tissue may have been left underneath your nipple to avoid it scarring down to your muscle causing an indentation.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon, they are in the best position to diagnose the tissue.