4 months post-op, suddenly started experiencing a hair-fall 6-8 everyday from planted and native regions? I am worried?

4months postOp , Sir, i am experiencing a hairfall 6-10 hair everyday from planted region and native region both, is this normal , recently started a week back ? do i have to worry? Can it be telogen effluvium?

If you are having hair loss issues after surgery and you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor for an examination.

If you are having hair loss issues after surgery and you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor for an examination.  It would be inaccurate guess work to figure out what is going based on Internet posts.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

4 mo post op

typically 150-200 hairs shed per day. You may be experiencing progression of hair loss in your native (non transplanted) hair. If you are concerned with your loss, you should see the surgeon who performed your hair transplant surgery for an evaluation. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Hair falling out after 4 months following a hair transplant

hair falling out after 4 months following a hair transplant most likely reflects a condition called shock loss, see below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

4 mo post-op seeing 6-8 hairs falling, should I worry?

nish22,

I would recommend not worrying about 6-8 hairs falling per day. It is normal to experience 50-100 hairs lost per day as normal hair growth cycling. Thant is, at any one time roughly 10% of the hair is in the resting phase of growth called telogen. This translates into 50-100 hairs per day.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair fall in the native area

This can be normal as the transplant does not stop or slow the progression of hair loss. You can do things medically to fight this and going in for a follow up would be a good idea. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist