Can a 40 yr old can go for M2F HRT?

I want transition from Male to female. Still single and healthy. Whether a 40 yr old can go for HRT? How much cost is required? is it possible to achieve the result 6 months or a year? Does it require any surgery or HRT is enough. I m very much desparate and suffering a lot inside myself and want to lead a discreet life somewhere.

MTF transition with HRT

There is every reason why you can begin HRT at age 40 and expect to enhance your feminine features while reducing your masculine features. The HRT will be further enhanced in the body areas that you wish to see further improved by selecting a board certified plastic surgoen to discuss the surgical options with you. Be sure that the surgeon whom you choose follows the WPATH guidelines.
Your transition also will be made smoother by meeting with a counselor or psychologist who specializes in transgender issues.