4 months Post FUE hair transplant. Blood on scalp after scratching with nails. (photos)

FUE hair transplant done in June 2016. On october 24th 2016 (approx. 4 months+) i went for my haircut. During pre hairwash the barber used his nails in between while massaging the shampoo over the scalp. At this point of time by mistake he actually scratch the transplanted area and a little bit of blood was seen over the scalp. Are my grafts damaged?

Scratching the scalp at 4 months post op

At 4 months, I would not expect that you can damage the grafts as they are much deeper than the surface you scratched

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

4 months post op

The grafts should be permanent and secure  at 10 days post op. It is not that easy for the  grafts to get damaged by now . All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

4 months post operative.

At 4 months post op of a hair transplant you can't damage the grafts by scratching them.  I suspect maybe you an had ingrown hair and the scratching simply caused it to bleed.  Good luck!

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Graft Damage

You're four months out which means that your grafts are just as strong as normal hair. So any light scratches, etc. that wouldn't permanently harm your normal hair won't harm your grafts, either. 

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

After scratching with nails

no absolutely , barber scratching  the transplanted area and a little bit of blood would not damage the grafts after 4months 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It would be impossible to damage a transplanted graft after 4 months. If you are concerned it is best to

It would be impossible to damage a transplanted graft after 4 months.  If you are concerned it is best to follow up your doctor for an exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

4 months post FUE

by this time period, your grafts are secure and should not be damaged by a scratch to the head by your barber. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician